Cumberland County Rising Anti-Drug Coalition uses Volunteer Energy Cooperative Customers Share Foundation grant to continue drug prevention education to the youth in Cumberland County.
The Board of Directors and staff of Cumberland County Rising Anti-Drug Coalition (CCR) have been awarded a $1500 grant from the Volunteer Energy Cooperative Customer Share Foundation just in time to continue drug prevention education virtual programming for the remainder of the 20/21 school year.
“We are grateful to the VEC Customer Share Foundation Board and its commitment to support community efforts to sustain and grow drug prevention education efforts during a pandemic. Clearly, the foundation board is committed to serving the needs of our students in Cumberland County,“ said Steve Stone, Chairman of the Board of CCR.
The announcement comes at critical time as Cumberland County Rising Coalition Meetings resumed virtually to develop and implement strategic drug education programs before summer recess. Coaltion Meetings are held the third Monday of the month; all Cumberland County residents are encouraged to participate.
Tobacco Laws effective January 1, 2021
- It is unlawful to sell or distribute ANY tobacco, smoking hemp or vapor product to anyone under the age of 21 or to purchase a tobacco, smoking hemp or vapor product on behalf of a person under the age of 21.
- Proof of age is required if an ordinary person would conclude on the basis of appearance that a prospective buyer or recipient may be under the age of 30.
- It is unlawful for anyone under the age of 21 to possess, purchase, or accept any tobacco, smoking hemp or vapor product or to present proof of age that is false, fraudulent, or not actually that person’s own for the purpose of purchasing or receiving any tobacco or vapor product.
- All tobacco retailers must have signs posted, which shall be no smaller than ninety-three and one-half (93 ½) square inches, to ensure that it is likely to be read at each point of sale and must read:
“STATE LAW STRICTLY PROHIBITS THE SALE OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS, VAPOR PRODUCTS, OR SMOKING PARAPHERNALIA TO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS PROOF OF AGE MAY BE REQUIRED”
- Federal law requires that retailers check the identification of everyone under 30 years old before selling them tobacco and vapor products. A retailer must refuse to sell tobacco and vapor products to anyone under the age of 21.
If you need a copy of the Retail Guide for Tobacco Sales, please call 931-210-0384 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kroger Rewards Program
If you have not already done so, please consider linking your Kroger rewards card to Cumberland County Rising or RS899. The Kroger Corporation generously then donates a percentage of sales back to the Coalition. Just a small and simple way to bring much needed dollars back to the Coalition to further spread our efforts of prevention in our community. It is easy to do, go to https://www.kroger.com/, log in to your account, and click on Community Rewards on your dashboard.
If you are not supporting a charity, please consider choosing Cumberland County Rising on https://smile.amazon.com/. Amazon will donate 1/2% of all eligible purchases to the Coalition which will support prevention efforts in our community. Thank you!